Looking for a quick and easy treat for a special occasion. Well these Nut Butter Balls from Beverly Cook are just the thing. These are her go to for Christmas Eve.
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 to 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix butter with sugar until very light and fluffy
- Add salt, vanilla, flour, and nuts; mix well
- Refrigerate until easy to handle
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown
- While the cookies are warm, roll in powdered sugar.